When is it Time for a Professional Drain Cleaning?
Have you ever cleaned your drains before, or hired a professional drain cleaner? There are drain cleaning products available in stores across the country, and professional drain cleaning services abound. For many homeowners, though, it’s tough to know exactly when you need to take action—when you need to try one of those drain cleaning chemicals, and when it’s time to call in the pros.
For extremely minor issues with your drains, the DIY method is worth a try. However, if you have any kind of a serious drain problem, you’ll want to get a professional plumber in to look at it. Ultimately, you’ll save time and money by ensuring that the issue is handled properly, the first time.
But how do you know when the problem is serious enough to warrant a professional drain cleaning? Always call a pro for any of the following issues:
- Slow drains. A slow drain can point to many other potential issues—the early stages of a clog, pipes that have been made narrower by oil and grease, or even a problem with your drainage system. Get slow drains addressed promptly, before they turn into bigger issues.
- Stubborn clogs. Do you have any recurring clogs in your home? Have you tried clearing out the clog in your shower drain, only to find it coming back time and time again? It’s likely because the issue is more serious than you think, and needs professional attention.
- Numerous clogs. Do you have multiple clogs in your home? It is certainly possible that they are unrelated to one another, but unlikely. Far more likely: You have a clog in the main drainage system, which is affecting your entire home. This is not something you’ll be able to address on your own, typically speaking.
- Flooding. This one probably goes without saying, but: Flooding is very much a bad thing, and a sign that there’s something wrong with your plumbing! Flooding in your basement or around your toilets could point to a drainage backup—and to the urgent need for a professional drain cleaning.
- Persistent odors. Do you have a nasty-smelling bathroom that you just can’t deodorize? The persistent smell of sewage permeating your home? Then you may have a drainage backup issue—and again, the urgent need for a professional drain cleaning!
To learn more about professional drain cleaning services, don’t hesitate to call our team today!