Why You Might Need Drain Cleaning
When it comes to home cleaning needs, one thing is for certain: When you need drain cleaning, you really need it, often with the utmost urgency. A clogged drain can have a seismic impact on you and everyone else who lives in your home, and in many ways it can impede the regular, comfortable lifestyle you otherwise enjoy. Whether the clogged drain in question is in the toilet line or in the kitchen sink, it can prevent you from living your life like normal.
And yes, it is important to note that drain cleaning needs can arise in most any part of your home. The precise nature of your clogged drain can vary, just depending on where it’s located. Consider some of the following scenarios:
- Kitchen drains clog quite often, and in fact most homeowners will experience a clogged kitchen drain sooner or later. The reason for this is that as you use your kitchen sink, fat and grease and food particles slowly but surely accumulate in your pipes—yes, even if you have a garburator—and as they congeal and harden the drain will start to run slower and slower. This slowness might not be perceptible at first, but you may well reach a point where you need to enlist the service of a professional drain cleaner, just to get your kitchen sink usable again.
- The sinks in your bathroom can also clog, albeit for different reasons. The culprits in these cases tend to be hair, toothpaste, and even everyday soap products.
- Toilet clogs are especially frustrating, and especially important to address quickly and completely. It goes without saying that a toilet will clog if you flush too much paper, or anything you’re not supposed to put in the toilet. A plumbing professional can use machines and chemical products to dislodge whatever foreign item is lodged in your toilet line, and restore the unit to perfect working order.
- Shower and tub drains can clog, as well, and usually for the same reasons as the bathroom sink—in most cases, a buildup of hair.
- Note that many basements, garages, and laundry rooms have their own floor drains, which some homeowners tend to forget about. Test your floor drain traps from time to time, filling them with water and making sure they can carry that water away to prevent flooding. If they can’t, you may have a clog that needs to be taken care of!
Whatever your drain cleaning need, we’re here to ensure that it’s taken care of promptly and completely. Please don’t hesitate to call us today, or whenever your drain cleaning need arises!